It started off as just a cold. You’ll get it over it in a week or 2 at most.
But as your symptoms stretch from days to months, you begin to worry.
Could it be allergies?
You’ve never had allergies before but you’ve heard they can develop later in life.
You’re starting to wonder, “is my house making me sick?”
Sick building syndrome (SBS) is a real thing. It’s diagnosed when the people living in a building start to experience symptoms not specific to any 1 disease.
The residents may seek medical help to no avail. The only common denominator is time spent in and around the building of questionable health.
Although symptoms vary a lot from person to person, some of the most frequent symptoms include:
Just to name a few. If you’re experiencing these or any similar symptoms please visit your doctor ASAP.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, over 30% of homes have poor air quality.
Where are all these toxic particles coming from? Every day as we move about our home, opening doors, using our water heaters, and everything else we do all causes particles to float around in the air.
For example, say your water heater is surrounded by old asbestos-laden insulation. Every time you do your dishes or take a hot shower that insulation is breaking down from the heat coming off the water heater.
These tiny little particles of asbestos that you can’t even see most of the time are cancer waiting to happen. The lasting effects of asbestos are well known to be carcinogenic
In 2004 The Institute of Medicine confirmed that there is enough evidence to state that mold can cause upper respiratory tract problems in people with no other health conditions.
Mold can enter your home any which way it pleases. Vents, leaky roofs, and leaking pipes are just a few of the ways mold can start to build up in your home.
Humid areas, like Atlanta, need to make sure they have dehumidifiers in as many rooms as possible to help prevent mold from growing.
And I know what your next question is going to be. “Can old carpet make me sick?” The answer is yes. Old carpet can be hiding mold underneath even if it isn’t visible from the surface.
The phantom of indoor pollution, you won’t see, smell, or hear carbon monoxide around you. The colorless and odorless gas replaces the oxygen in your blood leading to severe damage or death.
Always have a carbon monoxide detector on every floor of a building. Don’t forget about basements and attics either. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are mild and may not alert you that something is wrong.
Some of the symptoms include:
If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector and start to feel any of these symptoms exit the building immediately.
Using bleach just once a week is linked with higher rates of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
That’s crazy. How many of us are exposed to bleach in public places like restaurants and bathrooms, places we have no control over.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of SBS and bleach is your go-to household cleaner you may want to reconsider.
If your home is making you sick, the solution could be as simple as a good deep cleaning. Many times we find moisture building up behind clutter we would have never noticed without cleaning.
Cleaning is already enough work. You should be able to get everything out at once, load it in a dumpster, and not have to think of it ever again.
But not all dumpster rental companies are down for that. Nope, most of them actually expect you to get that thing to and from the landfill and back to them ready for their next customer.
You’re trying to clean your home, not work for a dumpster rental company. Why pay to do their job for them?
With Bin There Dump That you can have a dumpster big enough for any project at your door within 24 hours.
Transportation is taken care of. All you have to do is fill it up and we take it from there. We even promise to protect your driveway from any damage by placing boards down under your dumpster.
Don’t wait for mold, mildew, and other toxins to build up. Call and book your dumpster today!